Monday, May 9, 2011

BAD'S HAVEN

I dedicate this blog to my haven....my home, somewhere in Bukit Sentosa, a sleepy hollow, some 40 minutes drive from Kuala Lumpur. I have spent quite a lot (both money and time) to make sure I come home to a place without head (and heart) ache.

It may not be a Balinese garden or a contemporary one...it is built according to my taste, with what little budget I have.

I take pride in mowing the garden every 10 days or so. In fact, I save RM50 a month, an amount I would have to fork out to pay a gardener to do the job, once a month.

With a capital of RM300 for a handheld grasscutter, I consider it an exercise. I may have to fork out another RM1K later for a push mower. The old one gave up after 12 years but the Australian made product gave me joy.

Last year, I spent nearly RM80K for a massive renovation, mostly interior, adding three more rooms in addition to the four room I already have.

This is to accommodate my three children, a maid, a guest room (which is also a small workplace for me) and a room I called CC (cybercafe) where my children utilise daily.

The room leads to the garden, a backyard with a small patio. Initially, there was a set of tea table but I later moved it under a tent which I bought cheap.

A mini mango tree adorns the left side of the garden with a row of potted plants at the other side.

Above the new wing is a 13ft by 40 ft rooftop garden, my hideout in the evening.

Still relatively empty, except for a set of concrete tea table and stools and a few potted plants.

My one-year old grass cutter. Bigger than me, some say....but
A small section is used to store a water tank and the satellite dish.


No comments:

Post a Comment